Place of Birth: United Kingdom
- LLB (Hons) University of Westminster, London, United Kingdom in 1997
- Postgraduate Diploma – Inns of Court School of Law, London, United Kingdom in 1998
BAR, JUDICIAL EXPERIENCE
- Admitted to the Bar in England and Wales (Lincoln’s Inn) in 1998
- Admitted to the Bar in Bermuda in 2010
- Practiced in the United Kingdom in the areas of criminal and civil law 1999- 2006
- Crown Counsel with the Cayman Islands Government Legal Department 2006 – 2010
- Crown Counsel (Specialist) with the Department of Public Prosecutions in Bermuda 2010-2012
- Magistrate of the Summary Court of the Cayman Islands 2012
- Acting Judge of the Grand Court 2017
- LLB (HONS) (U.W.I.),
- LLM (Queen Mary’s College, London)
- CLE, post professional qualification Norman Manley Law School, Commonwealth Caribbean
BAR, JUDICIAL EXPERIENCE
- 1990-1992 – Legal Counsel with the Cayman Islands Attorney General’s Chambers. Criminal experience in all divisions of the Courts including the Court of Appeal. Also advised on various legislation.
- 1992 – 2007 was instrumental in building a boutique litigation firm to a substantial practice and with a very strong corporate and commercial division. She specialized in corporate and commercial law and with a small family practice.
- 2007 – 2014 – sole practitioner, with institutional and private clients, with main practice areas being banking, Family and Labour related matters.
- February 2014 – appointed as an Acting Magistrate in the Summary Court.
- December 2018 – appointed as a permanent Magistrate.
- University of Liverpool ( Truman Bodden Law School) 1997-2000 LLB (Hons) (First Class)
- Dalhousie University 1992-1996 Hons ( upper second class) BA Political Science & Philosophy
BAR & Judicial Experience
- Called to the Bar of England and Wales by the Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn in 2001.
- Completed her pupillage at the leading commercial set of Essex Court Chambers and Furnival Chambers in London gaining exposure to high quality commercial matters including shipping, reinsurance and entertainment law;
- Practiced as a Barrister in London with significant experience in the prosecution of financial and commercial crime in areas including, but not limited to, tax fraud, money laundering, organised duty and excise evasion, VAT frauds, mortgage fraud and confiscation as a specialist prosecutor with the Inland Revenue (as it then was), Revenue and Customs Prosecution Office and Fraud Prosecution Service.
- 2009, returned to Cayman Islands to practice. Experienced in in planning law; administrative law; immigration law; complex commercial litigation; insolvency law; enforcement of foreign judgments; and asset recovery.
- Appointed as an Acting Magistrate of the Summary Court in February 2014.
- Appointed as Magistrate December 2018.