- Registration of Articles of Clerks are to be done electronically for the time being.
Court Hearings & Court Attendance
Parties are to obtain instructions from the Judge / Magistrate presiding over the relevant court case whether the hearings will be conducted via video conferencing or in the physical courtroom.
Maximum Number of Persons in Court Rooms
As of September 2021, social distancing has been reintroduced into courtrooms. Please observe the following courtroom limits.
- Court Room 1 – 20 persons
- Court Room 2 – 20 persons
- Court Room 3 – 9 persons
- Court Room 4 – 8 persons
- Court Room 5 – 25 persons
- Court Room 6 – 10 persons
- Court Room 7 – 6 persons
Social Distancing and Personal Protective Equipment Requirements
- All staff and court users upon entering the court building will be required to wear face masks and to sanitize their hands.
- All court users are to continue to wear masks for the duration of their time in court buildings.
- Persons are to keep a minimum of 2-meter distance from other persons at all times
- When speaking to another person, save for during actual court proceedings, persons are required to wear masks.
Court Searches/ Public Registers
To protect court users from risk of contacting Covid-19 by handling the same materials, court users are directed to inspect public registers on our online platform at https://www.judicial.ky/search-courts-searches
Public Registers can be ordered through our Civil Registry for the time being.
Help Desk Tel: 244-3842/327-6878
Clerk of Court – Swearing
Persons attending upon the Clerk of Court for swearing of affidavits for admissions, notary and justice of peace, will be accommodated via video link/zoom for attestation. Draft documents are to be provided electronically as usual. Applicants will retain the original once sworn via zoom, the document can then be lodged with the Registry for final processing and receipt of payment. Receipts will be sent electronically once processed and thereafter placed in the respective boxes for collection.
Clerk of Court: Shiona.Allenger@judicial.ky
To ensure continued social distancing and avoid overcrowding in the Civil Registry whilst continuing to provide high quality customer service, attorneys and court users are encouraged to file court documents electronically and to pay via our direct bank ACH system, in keeping with the instructions set out in the ‘Pay Filings Online Section’ below. Please see the published Practice Directions at the top of this Continuity of Operations Page. Please see below instructions regarding filings:
- Please email all filings to Civilregistry@judicial.ky.
- These email filings will be sealed by the court and will be returned to clients via email.
- All filed applications that attract a fee should include the attached receipt as evidence or proof of payment.
- Receipts will be provided only once confirmation has been made by our Finance Offices that funds have been deposited into Judicial Administration accounts
File Inspections may be made by appointment only. Please contact our Civil Registry to book an appointment for File Inspections once permission is granted by the Clerk of Court pursuant to GRC Order 63.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paying Filings Online
To pay for filings online, please visit the online payments page.
Preparation of Bundles
- All Hearing Bundles are to be submitted electronically to the Civil Registry. Hard Copy Bundles may be dropped off at the ground floor of Kirk House and the courier is to sign that they have provided the Bundle with the assigned Security Guard.
- Bundles and papers brought to the court are potential conveyers of COVID-19. Bundles should be compiled in wipeable binders and handled by applying appropriate sanitization measures. Bundles must be delivered to the court in sealed and sanitized envelopes or boxes.
Service of Documents
As physical service is not possible during the period of the Shelter in Place regulations, for the time being, each party who is required to serve another party, must seek leave from the court for an order of substituted service by way of email, rather than personal service which is the ordinary or default position.
Any changes to this position will be updated and published accordingly.
Help Desk Tel: 244-3842/327-6878
Last Updated: October 1, 2021